I (Jen) need to find a way to write in my journal. It was my resolution last year and I gave up after two weeks. I love writing, but I write so much that it takes up much of my time. I haven't found the motivation, or the reason, to make me stick to it. I tried to do it on the computer, on paper but nothing seems to work.
I'm looking for suggestions and ideas on how I could make writing in my journal a consistent habit. Even tough, I think my life is pretty boring, I do have some cool thoughts and cool things do happen so I need some record because I forget. Everything. Really. Everything. And I need my posterity to have some record of how cool we were.
Thoughts? I know there are some awesome journal keepers out there...
3 comments:
Well, I am a terrible journal keeper these days, too. But I have a couple systems going to maximize record keeping, so hopefully they help! 1) Blog -- it's church endorsed, and I think it totally counts! 2) Daily planner -- this is great for recording the everyday occurrences of life (exercise you did, scheduled activities, lunch dates, etc.) 3) Google Docs! Sometimes writing things out is cumbersome and labor intensive, and it's so much easier to type. Google docs is so easy to access, especially if you're on email a lot anyway. I record all of my priesthood blessings and even kept a scripture log in Google docs. 4) A very pretty, lined journal. I think sometimes you just need to physically write, and a pretty journal is really motivating. I used to get journals with lots of beautiful photos or paintings so that I would have to keep writing in order to look at the pictures up ahead. Between all of these systems, your posterity can patch together what your life is, hopefully! Good luck!
Hey Jen! I found a way to write in my journal almost every day. I bought a daily agenda and I write the most important things that happened that day. What I love about that agenda is that one page is one day, so it is easier for me to set the goal to write that one page. I hope it helps you!!!
I remember you in college always writing things.
I have seen people to a picture/thought a day for a year on blogs. That may be an idea.
PS- thank you for the link to Megan.
Post a Comment