On the no-side, we have the following:
- No movies at the theater
- No netflix
- Eating out only once a month!
We have noticed that we spend way too much time and money watching movies and series. Instead, we believe we should be using our time by spending it doing meaningful things together, with others or on our own. We hope to see and realize how much we can accomplish by not distracting ourselves with too much "unreal" drama. I (Jen) often myself feeling guilty of not accomplishing projects or goals I have set and often, it's because I let myself sit in front of a screen and dive into a movie. Going to eat out is fun but we want to make it meaningful and fun. That way we can really treat ourselves and not just go eat burritos at Chipotle all the time! (we love those, but gotta hate the sodium content though!)
On the yes-side, we have the following:
- Read the Book of Mormon and the New Testament together
- Attend the temple once a month
- Work on saving 6 months of living expenses
- Prepare all our emergency kits (work on one per month- that includes will and such in case something ever happens.)
- Visit 3 major cities on the East Coast
We have more in store but those are the ones we want to focus on. Those are all all realizable (except for the 6 months living expenses, but that's ok, as long as we build it up little by little) and that's why we chose those. We think we can do it and we will. It's on paper and on the web, so, we are somewhat accountable, right?
As for me alone, I have tons of resolutions that I should make. Just like each year. Bah.
I've just learned that's why I don't keep them... too many..can't keep track...and surely can't handle them all at once.
So let's focus and pick 3:
- Write in my journal (that means, find a way to find the will to write...)
- Never buy lunch at work (unless meeting)
- Sew (that means, learn. Cuz I have a brand new machine and I need to use it)
- I can't do 3...I need more so there goes...
- 4: Enhance and perfect our plant-based diet
- 5: work out, meditate, stretch regularly (meaning at least 3 times/week to start)
2011, it's February and we finally figured out some of what we'll tackle this year. It was about time.
Cheers to 2011!
- oh..and 6: make all Christmas 2011 presents homemade!
No comments:
Post a Comment