Saturday, October 24, 2009
Ode to Hawaii...
In the recent few days, I have learned of a few people going to Hawaii, to BYUH. And thinking about them there just made me want to jump on an airplane and go home!...I know it's not my "home" per say but I have so many memories there and I have made some of my bestest friends there.I miss those people so much, I miss their laughs, their food, hanging out with them and sharing stories. I miss the bestest job I ever had: Tour guide at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Truly the best job! It was hard but SO fun! I miss the smell of the rain, the humidity that made sure my hair would look horrible whenever possible, the beach, the dolphins, the turtles,wearing flip flops or just going barefoot, I miss the food we always get at any event, party,gathering. I miss my friends. Those people who have made so much differences to my life. I miss the tiny temple where I was privileged to receive my endowments, I miss the people who helped me go on a mission...Hawaii will always have a special place in my heart. Singing Aloha OE on our last day was the hardest thing and watching the island from our plane was heart-wrenching...I left a piece of me on that beautiful island. I hope one day soon I'll fly again towards my little paradise.Hawaii...until we meet again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment