Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Ben's turn.

Monday, March 21st.

I knew it was coming. After our Family Home Evening, I was pretty sure it was there. Chris said no, tomorrow. I said "call your mom". He did. I was right. The mail had just come in and guess what was in it: a mission call. For Ben. His little brother. I screamed. Yeah, I know I get super excited about mission calls. They're the best. And the people who get a chance to go on those missions, well, they're cool. They get to go for two years or a year and a half (if it's a girl) to some place anywhere in the world to preach. To preach indeed. What you might ask? What could be better than sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yep, that's what missionaries do. They share the good news that there is a Savior and that His Church is ont he earth today. And it's the best!

So, back to Ben..He is in Hawaii at school and the call arrived in Cali. So, after some coordination with every family member, we were to all skype at 10pm (ET) to open the call and hear the news. Mom would open the envelope and directly put it on the camera so Ben could read his call to everyone. Chris and I also being not in Cali got to see the call as Ben read it. It just happens that both Chris and I remember exactly where on the piece of paper is the name of the mission. So as Ben started reading my eyes were already glued to the name of the mission and I had to seal my lips to not say a word. And then he finally read it (it truly seemed like forever..): Brazil Fortaleza Mission. You will teach the Gospel in the Portuguese language.

This is followed by a series of scream in Hawaii, Cali and DC. So exciting. Really, we are so pumped for him. He is going to love it and come back a changed man. Changed for the better. Missions are an amazing experience, one I would do again in a heartbeat.

He leaves July 27th. We are going to Cali to see him off and wish him the best.

Ben, we are proud of you and truly excited for you. Brazil get ready!

Congratulations Ben!

Hawaii and Cali...see Ben's smile after he read his call...So happy!

No comments: